What We Do. How We Work.
IMPOP is dedicated to fostering social emotional intelligence through the mentorship of all children especially African American and Latino youth of all ages. With in-class support, educational entertainment, technology, and social entrepreneurial ventures, our youth will have an opportunity to address interpersonal as well as social issues impacting their community while discovering solutions to conflict, leading to an overall improved quality of life.
- We provide one on one check ins, in class support, and mentorship throughout the school year.
- Implement restorative practices and support with crises response, including follow up.
- Consistent contact with the guardians of the student to provide insight on their progress towards goals, while establishing a healthy working relationship between teachers, students, parents and mentors.
- Work closely with PTA, members of the community, and community organizations to provide valuable resources to less fortunate students.
- Train students to understand and implement conflict resolution practices.
- Provide training to teachers and faculty in Culturally Linguistically Responsive “CLR” pedagogical practices.
- Engage students in wholistic social-emotional activities; providing them with healthy tools to manage their interpersonal relationships as well as their relationship with self.
- Provide healthy catered breakfast, lunch, and snacks for all participants within the program free of charge.